PureChristianity.Org

Random Article
HTML Online Editor Sample

Audio-visual/question-answer/articles are available at YouTube. 

Click the logo to go to the YouTube channel:


 

You are not subscribed

Matthew 10:16

Author Message
vdf
Joined: Jul 21, 2005
Posts: 100
Other Topics
Posted Dec 05, 2005 at 8:17:17 PM
Subject: Matthew 10:16
Brethren please share what God's reveals to you in this verse.... M't:10:16: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Back to top Profile Email
mrwilson37
Joined Jul 21, 2005
Posts: 172

Other Topics
Posted: Dec 05, 2005 8:29:59 PM
God sends his chosen in this earth and as we all know this is satan kingdom. That is why we are in the midst of wolves. Every chosen of God has 2 kinds of lives. 1st is spiritual life where we must be like a doves by humbling ourselves from God's revelation in his words. This is the only way to acquire wisdom from him coz our human wisdom will resist for sure if we are not like a dove. The other is physical life where everyone must be wise. We must adopt human wisdom in our physical life. We must rely on from people around us. We must learn from them. So we must be wise as serpent. [b][i]vdf <bibletalk@purechristianity.org>[/i][/b] wrote: [quote]Brethren please share what God's reveals to you in this verse.... M't:10:16: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. [/quote]
Back to top Profile Email
sandra3102
Joined Jul 21, 2005
Posts: 220

Other Topics
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 5:47:03 AM
[color=blue]Am I correct that our Lord is referring to “wolves” to the Scribes and the Teachers of the Law, who only take the “letter” of the word? In our time the “wolves” are those who cannot pass the test in? 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Therefore cannot comprehend that it was Father God who manifested Himself in the flesh. This is because their recognition of Jesus came only from “flesh and blood” and not “by the revelation of the Father” as Simon Peter recognized Jesus. Therefore they are subject to rebuke in the following: Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: [size=18]if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.[/size] Like their counterparts during the time of our Lord, they also preach the “letter” of the words that is very appealing to the people because it involves morality but this is only cleanliness on the outside. But there is a warning in: 2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; [size=18]not of the letter[/size], but of the spirit: [size=18]for the letter killeth[/size], but the spirit giveth life.[/color]
Back to top Profile Email
adlemsot
Joined Jul 21, 2005
Posts: 290

Other Topics
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 10:27:24 AM
sandie, why do you have to say " Am I correct that our Lord is referring to "wolves" to..."? as I understand it here, what everybody has to say must be a revelation of the Lord to the speaker who in this case are you? this is just a simple question and not an argument? i just wonder why. that's all.  [b][i]sandra3102 <bibletalk@purechristianity.org>[/i][/b] wrote: [quote]Am I correct that our Lord is referring to “wolves” to the Scribes and the Teachers of the Law, who only take the “letter” of the word? In our time the “wolves” are those who cannot pass the test in? 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Therefore cannot comprehend that it was Father God who manifested Himself in the flesh. This is because their recognition of Jesus came only from “flesh and blood” and not “by the revelation of the Father” as Simon Peter recognized Jesus. Therefore they are subject to rebuke in the following: Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. Like their counterparts during the time of our Lord, they also preach the “letter” of the words that is very appealing to the people because it involves morality but this is only cleanliness on the outside. But there is a warning in: 2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. [/quote]
Back to top Profile Email
sandra3102
Joined Jul 21, 2005
Posts: 220

Other Topics
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 4:33:38 PM
[color=blue]Adlemsot, Because I am new to the Way of God, I want our brethren to confirm God’s revelation to them. I don’t want to act like Lucifer, because of pride, thinking he could be like God. That was what I was before when I thought I could “expound on the word of God” when actually it is only Jesus Christ who could do it. I am always reminded of: Mar 4:34 “But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.” I believe all our brethren here want to act like our Lord Jesus Christ in His role as Son of God in humility. [quote:2627a1102b="adlemsot"]sandie, why do you have to say " Am I correct that our Lord is referring to "wolves" to..."? as I understand it here, what everybody has to say must be a revelation of the Lord to the speaker who in this case are you? this is just a simple question and not an argument? i just wonder why. that's all. [b][i]sandra3102 <bibletalk@purechristianity.org>[/i][/b] wrote: [quote]Am I correct that our Lord is referring to “wolves” to the Scribes and the Teachers of the Law, who only take the “letter” of the word? In our time the “wolves” are those who cannot pass the test in? 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Therefore cannot comprehend that it was Father God who manifested Himself in the flesh. This is because their recognition of Jesus came only from “flesh and blood” and not “by the revelation of the Father” as Simon Peter recognized Jesus. Therefore they are subject to rebuke in the following: Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. Like their counterparts during the time of our Lord, they also preach the “letter” of the words that is very appealing to the people because it involves morality but this is only cleanliness on the outside. But there is a warning in: 2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. [/quote][/quote][/color]
Back to top Profile Email
sandra3102
Joined Jul 21, 2005
Posts: 220

Other Topics
Posted: Dec 13, 2005 5:53:55 AM
[color=blue]One important revelation of God to me after reading some articles in this site is to realize, after being “born of water and of Spirit”, of my two kinds of life. Without being aware of this truth, there is no way one can “walk in the Spirit” leading to eternal life. Yes, the chosen need to walk spiritually fully dependent on God in their “spiritual life” where the intellect and emotion are totally submitted to Him, humble as a dove. When I was still a natural man, I did not know I was depending on my preachers although saying I trust God. Now this is very clear to me and this is one incentive to share this truth to others. For my “physical life” I thank God to reveal to me that this is my full responsibility and never to depend on Him. God is justified because He knows we have already the faculties to do this. We did not ask for them. He gave them already as gifts. But the people of the world, the "many" whom our Lord call “serpents” are more knowledgeable or skillful on matters pertaining to life on earth like, social, economic, and other matters. His chosen are enjoined to learn lessons from them. Never did I know this great revelation when I was still a natural man. Thank you Lord![/color]
Back to top Profile Email
adlemsot
Joined Jul 21, 2005
Posts: 290

Other Topics
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 11:51:36 AM
Does it mean to say Sandie that when you say to the brethren here, " the Lord is asking me to tell you brethren that the wolves in verse so and so refers to ......", you are acting like Lucifer because of your pride thinking that you could be like God? Paul in Galatia 1:1 said that he was an apostle not of man, neither by men, but of the Lord Jesus and in his other epistles he was not getting any confirmation from the other apostles in preaching and he decisively said that he received those things from the Lord Jesus. Was he acting then like Lucifer?   Isn't it that humility in Jesus is total submission to the power and authority of the Lord Jesus Christ? Aten't you afraid that you may be misinterpreting the verses you are using below in connection with your perspective regarding the mode of sharing with the brethren what you are receiving personally from the Lord Jesus?   It seems that being not sure as to the authenticity of what we are saying is very far from the concept of humility in the eyes of the Lord. [b][i]sandra3102 <bibletalk@purechristianity.org>[/i][/b] wrote: [quote]Adlemsot, Because I am new to the Way of God, I want our brethren to confirm God’s revelation to them. I don’t want to act like Lucifer, because of pride, thinking he could be like God. That was what I was before when I thought I could “expound on the word of God” when actually it is only Jesus Christ who could do it. I am always reminded of: Mar 4:34 “But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.” I believe all our brethren here want to act like our Lord Jesus Christ in His role as Son of God in humility. adlemsot wrote: [quote] sandie, why do you have to say " Am I correct that our Lord is referring to "wolves" to..."? as I understand it here, what everybody has to say must be a revelation of the Lord to the speaker who in this case are you? this is just a simple question and not an argument? i just wonder why. that's all. sandra3102 wrote: > Am I correct that our Lord is referring to “wolves” to the Scribes and the Teachers of the Law, who only take the “letter” of the word? > > In our time the “wolves” are those who cannot pass the test in? > > 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. > > Therefore cannot comprehend that it was Father God who manifested Himself in the flesh. This is because their recognition of Jesus came only from “flesh and blood” and not “by the revelation of the Father” as Simon Peter recognized Jesus. Therefore they are subject to rebuke in the following: > > Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. > > Like their counterparts during the time of our Lord, they also preach the “letter” of the words that is very appealing to the people because it involves morality but this is only cleanliness on the outside. But there is a warning in: > > 2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. > > > > [/quote] [/quote]
Back to top Profile Email