(40968 Reads )
CHARACTERISTICS of CHRISTIANITY: Yesterday
- The members did not build chapels, churches, cathedrals; but spiritual temples! (1 Cor. 3:16)
- The members did not have hierarchical organization, as to call anyone of them Father, Rabbi or Master [or leader or chief or head or teacher or pastor or shepherd], for all were simply called brethren (Matt. 23:8-9)! They composed the BODY (1 Cor. 12:12), that no one among them acted as the HEAD or leader. It was JESUS CHRIST Who was the Head (Eph. 5:23).
Today, Jesus Christ is the Word (Rev. 19:13), and is the Truth (John 14:6).
It was a sin to respect any of the members knowing that their God is jealous (Exo. 34:14): "But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors." -- James 2:9. They could see the line separating the spiritual from the religio-socio-eco-political on this matter.
- No members attended any formal school of the Bible, that no one among them could show diplomas for any degree of learning. They were endowed with spiritual wisdom by simply trusting God (James 1:5-8; Matthew 18:3; 11:25).
- No one or any group among the members ever appointed fellow apostles or disciples, for only their HEAD, Jesus Christ, is the sole authority to do such act (Eph. 4:11).
- Not one of them depended on fellow members for sustenance, but worked with their hands. Paul wrote: "I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel. Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me." - Acts 20:33-34). They followed the Way shown by Jesus Christ Who earned His living as a carpenter: "Is not this the carpenter...?" -- Mark 6:3.
Like Jesus Christ, however, they did not nullify the law on Tithes. "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." -- Matthew 5:17 Like Him, they followed the law on TITHES not literally-physically, but spiritually.
- The Chosen clearly recognized the God of the Old and New Testament, not with "flesh and blood" but by divine revelation (Matt. 16:16-17). The Lord and God is ONE (Deut. 6:4, Mark 12:29) and sits on a throne in heaven (Rev. 4:2). His NAME is one (Zech. 14:9) and "holy and reverend " (Psa. 111:9). He was never a mystery to the chosen.
- God speaks the "spiritual language" (Rom. 7:14). Jesus Christ speaks this language (John 6:63), a different tongue. No one can understand this language for they are expressed in parables (Ezekiel 20:49). This is the equivalent of the "book," containing the word of God, sealed with 7 seals. No one is worthy to break the seals or to open the book -- only the Lion of the Tribe of Juda and the Root of David can (Rev. 5:2-5).
Christ, however, explains the parables to the chosen(Mark 4:34).. This is the equivalent to the "breaking of the seals and opening the book."